I bought a 2002 suzuki vitara in december of 2009 from whitesides. I was only 19 and dididnt have much credit, I didn't have bad credit, but with no co-signer I had to go through their guaranteed credit approval program. they told me my payments would be 360 a month for two years with an interest rate of 24%. I would have turned this deal down, but my car was about to fall apart and I could get financed anywhere else.

Since I got the car I have had numerous mechanical issues. Every time I call the service center they tell me my problem is covered under my warranty and when I come back to pick it up I have a huge bill because it wasn't covered. A few weeks ago it started making a clunking noise when I drove. Once again they told me it was covered. I took it to the shop and made them look everything up again before I handed over the keys. I found out I was 500 miles over my *** warranty so I would have to pay 300.

I decided to take it to my mechanic and found out my entire frame, sub frame and control arms were rusted so bad it could fall apart at anytime.

I called whitesides and after argueing for an hour about how this wasn't a year and a half of wear and tear they decided they would let me trade it in. I went to the dealership that day and filled out all the paperwork only to find out they wouldn't help me because I owed too much. I have a newborn baby I can't put in the car because I'm afraid it will fall apart. My credit is really good at this point but its going to be ruined in a few weeks because I am going to have them come repo the car. I refuse to pay such a high payment for a car I can't drive. My mechanic said it would take at least 3 grand to fix it so I don't know what else to do besides calling it a lost cause.

Also the program I'm on is through credit acceptance coorp. If my payment is a day late they can switch the car off so I can't use it. 3 times since I've had it, they have shut it off even when the payment has been made. I am more stressed than I've ever been and I wouldn't reccomend this car dealership to anyone. They sell *** over priced cars to people who can't get financed anywhere else and then treat the customer like dirt!

Had an Experience with Whitesides?

Comments

In hindsight, it probably would have been a good idea totake it to your mechanic before you bought it.